![]() |
| Emilio Sanchez, "Casita al Mar", Lithograph, 1974 |
I imagine that this is a beach house used by a family every weekend to escape the city. The family doesn't spend much time in the house, but immediately run to enjoy the beach. It's funny that there aren't suitcases left at the door and a trail of children's toys. It's almost as if the family hasn't arrived yet and the house is just eagerly anticipating their arrival.
What do you think? Does this image remind you of a particular time or place? Write us a comment with your story!
Visit the Syracuse University Art Galleries to view this and other works by Emilio Sanchez, on display now through March 18, 2012.

The colors of the house and background, as well as the openness of the house remind me of the last time I was down in Florida visiting my grandma. Not my favorite climate, but I love all the bright, tropical colors!
ReplyDelete